Update day: 09-02-2024
NOTE: When you click the apply button, you will be re-directed to Cambridge University Press & Assessment’s website where you will be required to create a profile and upload a copy of your CV to complete your application.
Discover a world of endless possibilities with Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a distinguished global academic publisher and assessment organisation proudly affiliated with the prestigious University of Cambridge.
We are recruiting for a talented Cloud Optimization Lead who will help embed FinOps principles which are a combination of systems, best practices, and culture designed to increase our company’s ability to understand cloud costs and manage trade-offs. The role will join our Global Hosting Services Operations team in supporting our entire infrastructure estate.
You will be collaborating closely with the technology suppliers and will be expected to manage relationships with other internal partners and consumers of the service to implement new solutions and drive continual process improvement. You will work directly with our partners at Amazon, Microsoft and internal technical specialists.
At Cambridge, our unwavering commitment is to excel in education, learning, and research on a global scale. With a presence in over 170 countries, we empower millions of individuals, unlocking their potential and enabling their success. From dedicated teachers shaping young minds to visionary researchers pushing the boundaries of knowledge, we embody a relentless pursuit of enlightenment, curiosity, and understanding.
We embrace change as an opportunity for growth and progress, constantly adapting to meet the evolving needs of our customers. Collaboration and attentive listening are at the heart of our journey, as we work hand in hand with our customers and each other to innovate and discover more effective ways to achieve our goals. We believe people thrive in an environment where Trust and Empowerment are at the forefront, which is why all our new team members are provided regularisation on their first day so they can start #PursuingPotential from day one.
Joining Cambridge means becoming a part of an extraordinary institution renowned worldwide. Beyond that, you’ll become a part of a vibrant and forward-thinking community that transcends tradition, fostering a culture of continuous growth and personal development. Here, we provide the perfect environment for you to thrive, supporting your professional journey and empowering you to reach your highest potential.
What can you get from Cambridge?
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from diverse branches, expanding your horizons and enriching your understanding of different cultures. We value your wellbeing and offer stability, fostering your professional and personal growth through internal and external activities and training sessions to help enrich your skillset.
Enjoy work-life balance flexibility through our range of options, including flexible schedules, hybrid work arrangements, and generous paid leave. As a regular employee on Day One, you’ll have access to comprehensive healthcare benefits, ensuring your peace of mind with coverage for dependents, group life insurance, and robust well-being programs.
What will you do as a Cloud Optimization Lead:
The purpose of this role is to get the maximum return of our spend on the cloud, and help speed delivery of products. You will be influential in embedding FinOps principles and best practices that will help us manage our cloud strategy and governance.
Your principal responsibilities include:
- Driving optimal used of cloud hosting services across Cambridge University Press & Assessment from an overall financial and usage perspective.
- Ensuring that security compliance is maintained with the cloud hosting environment through engagement with technology partners to deliver improvements and opportunities
- Delivering quality reporting on financial and security aspects on cloud hosting to measure improvements progress and demonstrate value.
- Accountable for ensuring that technology partners within Cambridge University Press and Assessment are delivering on financial, usage and security opportunities.
You will be expected to provide on call and holiday support, rotating shifts supporting a 14x5 operational environment.
What makes you the ideal candidate in this role?
We are looking for candidates that have strong understanding of technical software engineering concepts, AWS requirements for engineering capacity, ability to partner cross-organizationally and drive cost optimization discussions, attention to detail, innovative thought leader to develop cost optimization strategies.
In addition, experience, knowledge or expertise in the following are an advantage:
- Provide solution estimates for projects on costing, components, and cloud solutions to requesting business.
- Monitor & report the consumption of cloud services, request fulfillment turnaround time, application performance, among other processes.
- Design, plan, management, maintain, and provide support cloud computing environment. Work closely with different teams from the group business to ensure successful provisioning of cloud when necessary. This also includes being accountable in identifying detailed specifications and creating required documents (i.e. build sheets) needed.
- Work with architects in building cloud strategy and program architecture, contributing best practices on cloud computing
- Provide training to teams on implementing cloud including but not limited to processes and cloud subjects
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Occidental Mindoro, Calabarzon & Mimaropa
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Laguna, Calabarzon & Mimaropa
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Negros Occidental, Western Visayas, Cavite
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Cavite, Calabarzon & Mimaropa
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Oriental Mindoro, Calabarzon & Mimaropa, South Cotabato
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Negros Occidental, Western Visayas, Cavite
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Calabarzon & Mimaropa, Cavite, Pampanga
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Cavite, Calabarzon & Mimaropa, Albay
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Laguna, Calabarzon & Mimaropa, Agusan del Sur
💸 FROM⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Calabarzon & Mimaropa