Update day: 14-02-2024
Industry: Marketing Services
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
WHO WE ARE
We are Mediabrands, a CLIENT-FIRST, CONSULTING-LED, COMMUNITY-DRIVEN group of 13,000 media and marketing specialists in over 130 countries on a mission to ensure our clients win in the marketplace. In 2007, Mediabrands or MB was born in the global arena under the parent company InterPublic Group (NYSE: IPG) which is currently headquartered in New York City, USA.
Through our portfolio of brands, and culture of collaboration, we offer the media and marketing capabilities it takes to invest smarter and grow our client’s businesses now and in the future. Through our diverse community of people and leaders, we offer teams of experts who thrive in a culture of excellence and equity. Through our commitment to brand values and media responsibility, we offer leadership to help our clients always act in the best interests of the communities they serve.
In the Philippines, Mediabrands was founded in 2015 by the late and beloved Venus Reyes-Navalta and is registered in SEC as IPG Mediabrands Philippines, Inc. We are structured in the country as an umbrella company of a number of brands or business units such as UM, Initiative, Reprise, Magna, Orion, plus our now affiliates Kinesso and Matterkind that incorporated its own company in 2021 to form Kinesso Philippines, Inc.
We are looking for a COMMUNICATIONS DESIGN MANAGER who can join our INITIATIVE (media agency) team:
ABOUT THE TEAM
INITIATIVE is different from other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients. Our new world model is comprised of 4 central “craft centers” or pillars – 1) Client Advice & Management, 2) Strategy, 3) Communications Design and 4) Partnerships.
Communications Design is the discipline and practice of crafting how a brand idea will be delivered through communications across an owned, earned and paid ecosystem in order to achieve a desired behavioral outcome. They:
- Are experts in consumer and communications behavior, and how changes in behaviors are creating new opportunities for connection
- Lead the creation of the dynamic ecosystem approach to deliver a strategy
- Work with partners (media, creative, technology, platforms, Specialty Business Units) to curate how a brand should connect within culture
- Lead the identification of the right audiences to address how to meet business goals, and guide the quantification of connection encounters holistically
- Champion innovative, forward thinking activities that help brands create value with their audience.
There are 4 central behaviors that bind all INITIATIVE employees together. These behaviors are always encouraged and rewarded by the agency. We are:
Fearlessin our approach.
Be fearless. Push back on clients when appropriate. Have the courage to take bold ideas to the table. If you believe in something don’t take “no” for an answer. Remember, fortune really does favor the brave.
Brilliantin our work.
Everything you do for the agency and our clients must be of the highest standard. Good enough is not good enough. Be obsessed about producing brilliant work. Every day. Every time. No exceptions.
Dynamicin our design.
Be dynamic and agile. Design these things into your plans for clients. Remember we must keep pace with technology and consumers. Don’t be afraid of change, run towards it.
Seamlessin our execution.
We sell solutions not services. Always “stitch” together the various services of Initiative and IPG Mediabrands in a way that is seamless for clients. We operate as one united IPG Mediabrands and never in siloes. We will not tolerate “turf wars” across business units and expect you to play nicely in the sandpit as you collaborate with others.
As Communications Design Manager, you are responsible for managing the production and application of accurate and insightful consumer, cultural, media and market intelligence to contribute to an impactful communications ecosystem for your client. With clear direction from your Director, you practically take the strategic design imperatives and communications idea and deploy a variety of data and intelligence to identify appropriate communications solutions. You are able to plot the course of action your team of Communications Designers needs to take, to address the challenge (tasks, approaches, tools, and timelines) and ensure best practice, innovative thinking
is applied to the communications design fundamentals.
In this role, you are responsible for the preparation of the communications flowchart, and ensuring the communications plan is built on solid, data rich fundamentals that help brands grow. Working with partnerships, media vendors, and your communications design team, you ensure the accuracy of the inputs required for the development of the flowchart, and are responsible for ensuring any changes made to the approach are reflected in the plan. With more than 3 years in a Communications Design role, you are an expert in the Initiative design process, tools and techniques, and how to best apply and adapt these for a given scenario. You are a gifted planner
who is able to synergize multiple data points into cohesive story around the communications idea. You are a strong and nurturing manager, able to ensure your support design talent are able to produce high quality planning inputs that result in an effective, culturally resonant, highly connected communications solution.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate, impactful inputs that power the client’s communications plan and grow their business
- Responsible for the timely, accurate delivery of day to day requests from the team
- Responsible for regular trend identification, culture and competitive analysis for client (Prepares post-campaign reports)
- Work with the Communications Design Director and Partnerships team to develop the RFP to develop the best possible plan for the communications idea
- Manage the team output and development of the flowchart grounded in the communications idea, including oversight of the plan being accurately produced to address the business goals
- Ensure the communications ecosystem extends beyond paid through the integration (and quantification) of owned, earned and shared impacts
- Lead the best practice production of audience and communications data and intelligence for the development of the communications plan, utilizing relevant tools and techniques across both traditional and digital media (e.g. Nielsen Arianna, Nielsen CMV, etc.)
- Lead the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant Specialty Business Units (SBUs) to generate creative & compelling connections idea (e.g. MOS presentations; media amplifications, etc.)
- Internal brand expert
- Basic to advance knowledge of digital strategy and planning (Facebook and YouTube)
- Abreast with various digital innovations, advancement (Tiktok, Viu, Viber)
- Knowledge of how e-commerce platforms work
- Meet several client demands
- Diligently responds to client emails and requests
- Able to build rapport easily with client (client go-to point person)
- Contribute to the profitability of primary accounts, and involvement of SBU
- Contributor to new business as required
- 20% Client
- 60% Internal
- 20% Commercial
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Positive client relationships; understands clients’ business and challenges
- Measurable client business KPIs met
- Lead and contribute key media inputs for best in class communications planning solutions that propel the communications idea from brief to executions
- Able to effectively lead the management of the client’s communications budget to successful outcomes
- Accurately and effectively manage client’s day to day communications design product requirements
- Produce at least 1 campaign that can be entered into media awards
- Able to successfully manage Communications Design planning outputs from team
- Key contributor to RFP process, including briefing and partner selection together with Partnership colleagues (may oversee this on smaller briefs / accounts)
- Able to deploy tools and techniques to deliver best in class communications planning outcomes across OESP
- Challenges ideas and status quos to elevate the communications design craft to a higher level
- Contributor to SBU revenue growth via communications design (client base)
- Contributor to organic revenue growth from communications design scope (client base)
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience of at least 5 years in integrated planning role in media, publisher / vendor, or communications discipline (digital, content)
- Media planning skills must be polished or able to be developed
- Extensive experience handling big FMCGs, digital clientele and is able to move around dynamic and competitive categories
- Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills, while being accommodating and adaptable to changing business needs and requests
- Good client communications skills, confidently presenting to and managing senior clients
- With at least 1 year of experience in managing or developing staff
- Ability to delegate and oversee direct reports
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
If you believe that the team and this role might be perfect for YOU, go ahead and click on LinkedIn’s "Easy Apply" to start the process.
Thank you in advance for your interest in IPG Mediabrands Philippines, Inc.!
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Camarines Sur, Bicol Region
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Region
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Camarines Sur, Bicol Region
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Ilocos Region, Pangasinan, Cavite
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Region
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Region
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Ilocos Region, Pangasinan, Cavite