Database Administrator (SAP Cloud Operations Team)
☞ Procter & Gamble International Operations SA-ROHQ
Location: Paranaque City National Capital Reg Las Pinas City
This role reports to the IT Director of Cloud Hosting Operations and will work with a 24 x 7 team supporting operations and engineering for cloud hosting and SAP.
How success looks like
- Be a major contributor to building the database cloud environment roadmap and strategy for SAP Cloud.
- Be able to help operationalize resiliency and disaster recovery processes. Drive investigation and resolve SAP database-related incidents in our cloud environment.
- Lead continuous improvement and engineering maturity across our SAP cloud solutions.
- Collaborate directly with cloud and application teams to provide support for existing solutions and consulting on how to automate their workloads on cloud servers.
- Coaching and mentoring by our experienced IT leaders to continuously grow your technical skills and applied mastery.
Responsibilities of the role
- Accountable for driving operational excellence and implementing engineering solutions for SAP in the Cloud.
- Apply database administration skills to lead the design, implementation and support of our Oracle databases in Azure for SAP, aligned with architecture and security standards.
- Contribute to designing and implementing standard operational processes & procedures (SOP) independently, identifying, designing, building and implementing appropriate solutions to remediate operational deficiencies, providing Tier 2 or 3 support for incidents and problems, participating in emergency troubleshooting sessions with other teams as needed.
- Help operationalize the resiliency and disaster recovery processes for our SAP database landscape and aid in the development of infrastructure key processes for SAP workloads (e.g., automation, monitoring, etc.)
- Oracle DBA or SQL Server DBA (or equivalent) in a cloud environment, with at least 5+ years of experience as a DBA for SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- Knowledge of database monitoring and alerting tools, both cloud-native and third-party
- Experienced in administration of DBMS systems with solid grasp of UNIX/Linux OS administration, disk configuration, and network configuration
- Experienced in automating routine administrative tasks
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills, ability to apply critical thinking and a sense of urgency for solving incidents and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, application owners and technology professionals
- Deep understanding of database logging, replication options including CDC (Change Data Capture)
- Hands on systems administration for Windows, Linux, and/or UNIX
- Cloud vendor (Azure, GCP, AWS) certification at the administrator or developer level
- Awareness of basic information security awareness protocols, software security in the SDLC lifecycle, and OWASP Top 10 concepts
- IT operations background and/or ITIL foundations knowledge
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results. Problem-solving attitude (blameless post-mortem).
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understand interaction between database and non-database components with expertise in SQL and database programming languages (PL/SQL, TSQL, etc.)
- Independently led database administration and engineering for multiple projects in similar industry or function
- Certified on one or more of the following: ITIL4 Foundations, DevOps Foundation, SRE Foundation, Microsoft Azure AZ-104, AWS SysOps or any equivalent
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 08-04-2023🌏 Makati City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 14-04-2023🌏 Las Pinas City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Paranaque City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-04-2023🌏 Makati City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 04-04-2023🌏 Paranaque City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 02-04-2023🌏 Muntinlupa City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 05-04-2023🌏 Taguig City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Pateros City, National Capital Reg, Mandaluyong City
💸 Negotiate⏰ 04-04-2023🌏 Caloocan City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 15-04-2023🌏 Navotas City, National Capital Reg, Las Pinas City