Update day: 05-12-2022
Job contentEmployment Type: Full-time
Working Arrangement: Remote/ Work From Home
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 10AM to 7PM (inclusive of 1-hour lunch break)
Team Size: 17 (Software Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Product Managers)
Ongoing Project: ERP/CRM For Fast-growing Education Company
:Do you have a sharp eye for decomposing complex problems and an innate gift for writing elegant code? How does an environment that truly cares about your growth (without milking you dry) sound to you?
If you like the idea of spending your time meaningfully on cool edtech projects & NOT refactoring buggy, legacy code, you might be the next teammate that we’re looking for.
:[About Our Company]Our team is on a mission to create the best learning experience when it comes to Science tuition.
Over the past decade, we’re constantly pushing back against traditional teaching practices that no longer work as well in this day and age. Lessons at The Pique Lab are designed based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and has a purpose: they infuse plenty of joy in learning, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Our team of over 70+ members spanning across 3 countries (Singapore, Philippines and China) operates in an open, fast-paced, flat environment where every team member is known for their competencies & skills, rather than their job titles.
:[The Role]Your mission is to use the power of code to solve complex business problems, so that our users can focus their time & energy on things that matter.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you’ll be participating in heads-on development where you’ll spend a bulk of your developing, testing and deploying dynamic web-based solutions. You’ll be working closely with our team of 15 software engineers, product managers, testers and user experience designers.
If you’re someone who care about progressive engineering practices, appreciates autonomy in your work tasks & enjoy collaborating with different stakeholders in the product development process, we’d love to hear from you!
:[Our Technology]We work with a lot of exciting technology:
* React, Typescript, SASS, Redux for frontend work.
* *******, GraphQL for our service code.
* MongoDB, ElasticSearch for storage and indexing.
* Kubernetes, Docker and Github Actions for continuous integration and delivery.
* Google Cloud for underlying infrastructure.
* Puppeteer, Playwright & Selenium for testing.
[What’s In It For You To Join Us?]
#1: Never A Dull Day With Us
From decomposing complex problems to designing solutions that are easy-to-maintain, flexible, scalable, this role is perfect for tech enthusiasts for who appreciate diversity in their role.
Growing your career with us is a marathon, not a sprint. We know what we want from our software engineering team and are careful not to spread our team members too thin.
#2: Growth Is The Only Constant
We care about investing in the latest tech tools to help us become more efficient & productive at our work, so we can focus on higher value activities instead of pencil-pushing tasks.
We care about applying latest engineering practices and how we can help our software engineers sharpen their engineering & communication skills. Investing in your growth is just as important as that of the company’s.
#3: Set The Culture & Grow YOUR Team
We’ll work together with you to create a developmental culture that appreciates great work, sustainable and one that you can be truly proud of. You’ll join us at a pivotal movement where we scale rapidly & this means more opportunities when you embark on this journey with us.
:[Who Is Our Ideal Candidate?]* Minimum 3 to 5 years working experience as a software engineer (proficient in both front-end and back-end technologies
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline
* Proficient in using React Family Bucket or equivalent related technologies
* Proficient in *******, GraphQL server development
* Proficient in MongoDB, ElasticSearch and other databases
* Experienced in deploying and maintaining CI/CD solutions (such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, Github Actions, Now, Serverless)
* Willing to use Git for code collaborative management
* Possesses strong independent problem-solving and learning skills.
* Believes in good programming habits & pursue writing elegant code (... you should also be familiar with common design patterns and agile development processes)
* Excellent command of English Language (written & spoken)
:[Here’re Other Perks That You Can Look Forward To]* Market Competitive Remuneration (Although we’re not a big tech or VC-funded start-up, we take good care of our team & that starts from paying them fairly.)
* Performance Bonus
* Career Progression Opportunities (… we’re looking to build a solid development management team - if you’re to build a developmental culture that you can be proud of, this is it!)
* Mentorship & Regular Feedback (our CTO is a ex-senior software engineer from Rakuten)
* Productivity & Tech Benefits (27” Dell Type-C Monitor, Apple Equipment & Peripherals)
* Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
* Paid Leaves (including Compassionate Leave)
* Time-off From Work For Errands
* Fully-stocked Pantry
* Company Socials
* Work From Home Care Packages
:[Here’s How The Hiring Process Looks Like]The recruitment process will involve:
* A simple profile match by our team where we will assess your application against the role.
* A pair programming technical examination (1 hour) where you can demonstrate your coding prowess and we can understand your thought process.
Everything will be conducted online and you’ll know the outcome within a week.
Thank you & we’ll see you on the inside!-
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Las Pinas City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Manila City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 20-01-2023🌏 Mandaluyong City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Malabon City, National Capital Reg
⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Pasay City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-01-2023🌏 Caloocan City, National Capital Reg
⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Mandaluyong City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-01-2023🌏 Las Pinas City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 21-01-2023🌏 Valenzuela City, National Capital Reg
💸 Negotiate⏰ 21-01-2023🌏 Las Pinas City, National Capital Reg, Pasay City