Update day: 20-02-2024
Category: Legal / Contracts
Position: Not Applicable
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAre you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you want to join a growing team in a high-performance culture that provides leadership and technical development opportunities? We are currently searching for a talented and driven individual to join our Actuarial department. Our group provides actuarial services to Manulife business areas across Asia and North America, specializing in model validation, experience studies and valuation work.
The successful candidate will have ownership of the following accountabilities:
- Develop, validate and implement model changes, (such as basis changes, new products, and other model enhancements) into our production models following our Model Change Management guidelines
- Monitor and manage the successful execution of our quarterly controls such as reserve movement analysis, audit logs, inclusion controls and upstream report validation for the Source of Earnings, New Business Embedded Value and Canadian/Local capital
- Lead and develop a small team of bright and talented actuarial staff, ensuring their work is of high quality
- Support the country business units with various annual and adhoc projects such as Economic Capital, Inforce Embedded Value and Basis Changes
- Identify and implement solutions to improve the VSSC tools, processes and general framework
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 4+ experience in the life insurance industry; Past experience in modelling and valuation would be an asset; understanding of regulations and familiarity in the manner of operations of the business unit is a big plus.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience in applying actuarial concepts to independently model and analyze actuarial financial metrics; Experience with Axis modeling and VST principles would be an asset
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts and results to various stakeholders, whether written and oral
- Demonstrated ability meet tough deadlines, clearly set own priorities and inspire/motivate the team
- Able to work in an evolving and dynamic environment and resilient to pressure;
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and has demonstrated team collaboration
- Leadership and coaching experience
- Passion to grow and driven to be recognized as a trusted business partner
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ’MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ’945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Quirino, Cagayan Valley
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Las Pinas City, National Capital Reg
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Guimaras, Western Visayas
💸 FROM⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 National Capital Reg
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Aklan, Western Visayas
💸 UP TO⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Calabarzon & Mimaropa, Laguna
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Mandaluyong City, National Capital Reg
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Cebu, Central Visayas
💸 UP TO⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Manila City, National Capital Reg
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Manila City, National Capital Reg